Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

14 Pages«<678910>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
gwikse  
#141 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 9:04:31 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Read up some more on the oled. The brightness is non adjustable. http://www.newhavendispl...opic.php?f=15&t=3631

For my use this will not be a problem, it just cause me to have to do some more testing with different levels of smoked plexi (or car-window tinting films) to see what will give the brightness level I want. The display will be turned off most of the time, so it should be bright enough for a "sunny day".

No need for contrast adjustment as it seem to have exelent contrast without adjusting anything (not even sure it can/should be adjusted anywhere).

Edit: I will try to get this code to work so that the display automatically turns off after 4 seconds (or something like that) of no activity via IR / button / Rotary encoder.

void loop() {
// Turn off the display:
lcd.noDisplay();
break;

if..... activity... then
// Turn on the display:
lcd.display();
delay(4000);
lcd.noDisplay();
break;

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2012 9:13:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked gwikse for this useful post.
Corpius on 12/7/2012(UTC)
Corpius  
#142 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 11:24:11 AM(UTC)
Corpius

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gwikse Go to Quoted Post
Read up some more on the oled. The brightness is non adjustable. http://www.newhavendispl...opic.php?f=15&t=3631

For my use this will not be a problem, it just cause me to have to do some more testing with different levels of smoked plexi (or car-window tinting films) to see what will give the brightness level I want. The display will be turned off most of the time, so it should be bright enough for a "sunny day".

No need for contrast adjustment as it seem to have exelent contrast without adjusting anything (not even sure it can/should be adjusted anywhere).

Edit: I will try to get this code to work so that the display automatically turns off after 4 seconds (or something like that) of no activity via IR / button / Rotary encoder.

void loop() {
// Turn off the display:
lcd.noDisplay();
break;

if..... activity... then
// Turn on the display:
lcd.display();
delay(4000);
lcd.noDisplay();
break;
whoops, wrong (thanks) button pressed....

You need to start a timer that starts running after any key is pressed. When the timer has started you need to check if the timer runs for 4 seconds and then execute the lcd.noDisplay() event.

So add a constant and a timer somewhere at the beginning of the code, preferably next to the other timers and constants:

#define INTERVAL_NO_DISPLAY 4 // time in seconds for switching of the display

unsigned long noDisplayMillis=0; // stores the last recorded time that a key was pressed

than add the line of code just before the "end of the remote control code" (but still within the remote control code) to reset the timer when any key has been pressed.:

noDisplayMillis=millis(); // resets the timer for no display

Than add the next code to the loop function. Preferably at the end of the loop.

if(millis()-noDisplayMillis>INTERVAL_NO_DISPLAY*1000){
lcd.noDisplay();
}

Now the display will turn off after 4 seconds, but it will not turn on again Eh?

To turn it on again add the following line to the beginning of the remote control code:

lcd.display();

It works the same with the rotary encoder. have fun!

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2012 11:29:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Corpius for this useful post.
gwikse on 12/7/2012(UTC)
gwikse  
#143 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 1:27:14 PM(UTC)
gwikse

Thanks again, will report back with updates.

PS. Click the "Remove Thank" button ;)
Corpius  
#144 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 1:34:49 PM(UTC)
Corpius

PS. Click the "Remove Thank" button ;)
No need to, but thanks for reminding me of the button :)

SCompRacer  
#145 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 7:55:38 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Thanks for the brightness research results gwikse. Since you can't adjust brightness I can put it back on the possible list. I have a second unattached I2C LCDextra IO board. This time I'll use a female header to make it removable.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2012 7:57:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gwikse  
#146 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 11:01:24 PM(UTC)
gwikse

No problem SCompRacer :)

Finally things are starting to look right.

Dancing

The display now turn off unless there is remote activity. This display could easily be hidden behind a smoked plexi plate and appear as if it there is nothing there, until you need to see the info (when adjusting something).
Also note that the led turns on (input2) and off (input1). This was done to make it easy to see that the relay I have to use to switch between my two inputs will work.

Corpius; man you rock :) Dancing Applause Dancing
File Attachment(s):
Oled___input_switching_GW_style.rar (17kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
SCompRacer  
#147 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 1:40:38 AM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Kewl! Now you see it..... Corpius sure does rock the code!

Here was a sample modushop sent me with a smoked plexi insert.

UserPostedImage
Corpius  
#148 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:52:35 AM(UTC)
Corpius

Now you guys are exaggerating, but thanks. Good to see you worked it out.
DQ828  
#149 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:29:46 AM(UTC)
DQ828

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I assume it cant be dimmed using a PWM output the same way I dim the backlight for my screen?
DQ828  
#150 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:31:18 AM(UTC)
DQ828

Originally Posted by: SCompRacer Go to Quoted Post
Kewl! Now you see it..... Corpius sure does rock the code!

Here was a sample modushop sent me with a smoked plexi insert.

UserPostedImage

Funky face plate I like it.
gwikse  
#151 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 12:32:18 PM(UTC)
gwikse

Originally Posted by: DQ828 Go to Quoted Post

I assume it cant be dimmed using a PWM output the same way I dim the backlight for my screen?

That is correct. The display is turned on and off by commands from the akafugu TWIlcd board and library.
I read that some people had trouble with getting the oled working, and got a link to the TWIlcd wich show a tried and tested method to get the Oled working with the TWIlcd board and library.

I am fairly sure that Corpius could get it working with the LCDextraIO from ElektrofunLTD, but I am a code n00b, so I stuck to the tried and tested to get the display working.

And then we get to the hmmm again... (a friend of mine makes jewelary).

gwikse attached the following image(s):
treble clef.jpg (160kb) downloaded 22 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Corpius  
#152 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 3:56:41 PM(UTC)
Corpius

Your friend made the Treble clef? If so, perhaps he can also make the TP logo :)
thomaspf  
#153 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:42:00 PM(UTC)
thomaspf

A shield would be great. For the I2C level adaption you probably do not want the noise from the Arduino gound plane creeping into the Buffalo. In my Arduino/Buffalo system I am using an ADUM 1250 for level adaption with complete galvanic isolation. The ground for the Arduino is not connected to anything else in the audio circuitry. This setup work very well.

http://www.analog.com/st...sheets/ADUM1250_1251.pdf

Cheers

Thomas
DQ828  
#154 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:55:47 PM(UTC)
DQ828

That is correct. The display is turned on and off by commands from the akafugu TWIlcd board and library.
I read that some people had trouble with getting the oled working, and got a link to the TWIlcd wich show a tried and tested method to get the Oled working with the TWIlcd board and library.

I am fairly sure that Corpius could get it working with the LCDextraIO from ElektrofunLTD, but I am a code n00b, so I stuck to the tried and tested to get the display working.

Beautiful.

Not being able to dim the screen means it will not get used in my next built, what a shame, glad I didn't rush out and buy one.

Although my next build may never get underway the SE seems to have gone missing in the mail :(

Corpius  
#155 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:56:10 PM(UTC)
Corpius

Originally Posted by: thomaspf Go to Quoted Post
A shield would be great. For the I2C level adaption you probably do not want the noise from the Arduino gound plane creeping into the Buffalo. In my Arduino/Buffalo system I am using an ADUM 1250 for level adaption with complete galvanic isolation. The ground for the Arduino is not connected to anything else in the audio circuitry. This setup work very well.

Cheers

Thomas
I'm also planning to use the Adum1250 for my diy controller and a optocoupler for switching the sidecar.

gwikse  
#156 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:05:25 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Originally Posted by: Corpius Go to Quoted Post
Your friend made the Treble clef? If so, perhaps he can also make the TP logo :)

She did. I sent her a picture of the tpa logo earlier today. She is busy these days, but I know she will make a nice piece for the tpa logo as well. Dont think it will be ready before cristmas though as this is the hihg season for traditional jewelary ;)
gwikse  
#157 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:14:14 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Beautiful.

Not being able to dim the screen means it will not get used in my next built, what a shame, glad I didn't rush out and buy one.

Although my next build may never get underway the SE seems to have gone missing in the mail :(

Thanks. I would like to have seen the option for controlling the brightness yes, but all in all this is a far better display than any lcd imo. And since I only have the display on for brief moments when adjusting something I wont miss it that much I think. Besides its readable in all situations and angles in my living room, wich is more than I can say for the lcd's.

Has the postman started a build with your se? Shame.... I hope it turns up.

gwikse  
#158 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:20:52 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Originally Posted by: Corpius Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: thomaspf Go to Quoted Post

Cheers

Thomas
I'm also planning to use the Adum1250 for my diy controller and a optocoupler for switching the sidecar.

And I have the parts ready for Corpius's piggyback solution. Including the 1250. ;)
gwikse  
#159 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:28:44 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Today my ac from the wall was at 140V... Nothing important has been damaged, but my fiberopticinternet,tv and phone system was damaged somehow. Hopefully the repair guys will fixit tomorrow. I want my internet connection back...

The dac was on and was not damaged, luckily I was in the room and could turn off the power amps fairly quickly.
Corpius  
#160 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 7:05:22 AM(UTC)
Corpius

And I have the parts ready for Corpius's piggyback solution. Including the 1250. ;)

Me too. All parts, except the PCBs. Maybe they had to be delivered by the same mailman that should have delivered DQ828's DAC. Think
They should have been here already.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed