Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

14 Pages«<11121314>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
gwikse  
#241 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:39:37 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Finally got the code right. All inputs are now correctly listed up and switched.

".....
char no0[] = "SPDIF1";
char no1[] = "SPDIF2";
char no2[] = "SPDIF3";
char no3[] = "SPDIF4";
char no4[] = "I2S ";
char no5[] = "S.P.T.";
......"

".....
#define muxpinA 6 // Pin used to switch the S0 terminal on mux modules
#define muxpinB 7 // Pin used to switch the S1 terminal on mux modules
#define B3sepin 8 // Pin used to switch the B3se / Otto 2 (B2)
#define SIDECARPIN 9 // Pin used to switch the relays on the sidecar for S.P.T.
.....".

".....
pinMode(SIDECARPIN, OUTPUT); // pin for switching between PCM/DSD or S/PDIF
pinMode(B3sepin, OUTPUT); // pin for switching between PCM/DSD and SPDIF input on B3se / B2+Otto2
pinMode(muxpinA, OUTPUT); // pin for switching mux S0
pinMode(muxpinB, OUTPUT); // pin for switching mux S1
...."

"....

switch (value){
case 0:
lcd.print(no0);
digitalWrite(SIDECARPIN, HIGH);
digitalWrite(muxpinA, LOW);
digitalWrite(muxpinB, LOW);
digitalWrite(B3sepin, LOW);
break;
case 1:
lcd.print(no1);
digitalWrite(muxpinB, HIGH);
break;
case 2:
lcd.print(no2);
digitalWrite(muxpinA, HIGH);
break;
case 3:
lcd.print(no3);
digitalWrite(muxpinA, HIGH);
digitalWrite(muxpinB, HIGH);
break;
case 4:
lcd.print(no4);
digitalWrite(B3sepin, HIGH);
break;
case 5:
lcd.print(no5);
digitalWrite(SIDECARPIN, LOW);
break;
...."

Note that I have connected the analog output of the IVY to the PCM/DSD.1 side of the sidecars in order for it to be set to the surround preamp when the dac is off (the relays not energized). That is the same thing that happen when I select the last input. So each input selection starts with turning on the sidecars.

But this is the old way of doing things. I am fairly sure that Corpius and other code masters can make code that is far more elegant then this.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:41:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gwikse  
#242 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2015 1:46:42 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Whistle
gwikse  
#243 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:21:29 PM(UTC)
gwikse

I have not done a lot on my DAC in 2016. But finally got to wire it up for i2s input from amanero via teleporters. It has been working well apart from one thing; unstable lock with the resample setting on with i2s (must be on to lock on sp-dif). From what I can see this setting is not individual for each input, so I have to change it when I change the input from 5 (teleporter) to any of the 4 sp-dif inputs in order to get a lock. So I have some work to do with the code again Think

But then again, coding was the plan anyways as my friend with dual mono needs his "Oled-modified Hifiduino" code anyways. I am hoping that the coding with regards to this will be as simple as uncommenting the #define dual mono line, but who knows :p

I am also looking at a dedicated transport for disk`s. I was hoping that I could get something to transport everything from blue ray disk`s to cd`s, but that does not seem likely due to the problems with regards to SACD digital output. But then again who knows. The Oppo 103D seem to have all bases covered, allthough SACD digital out will require a teleporter mod.

DSC_0399.jpg (123kb) downloaded 31 time(s).

Edited by user Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:23:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gwikse  
#244 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:57:26 PM(UTC)
gwikse

I may end up with a two part system after all. As a combo player will cost way more than I can defend. I can use a Blu ray drive in my computer for the BD/DVD/CD ripping / playback and modify a 200$ Sony SCD XE800 for DSD via teleporters. Perhaps I`ll try to use an otto2 to switch between I2S and DSD inside the DAC chassis.

scd-xe800-4-sony.jpg (254kb) downloaded 27 time(s).

Edited by user Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:01:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SCompRacer  
#245 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:00:36 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gwikse Go to Quoted Post

But then again, coding was the plan anyways as my friend with dual mono needs his "Oled-modified Hifiduino" code anyways. I am hoping that the coding with regards to this will be as simple as uncommenting the #define dual mono line, but who knows :p

I'd like to be your second dual mono friend. ;)

Nice work! This year I too have been making DAC changes. But I am code challenged. I feel like I lost the rabbit and become lost myself...

Are you using Robert's CE644 V1.3 board and code? I just finished assembling the 1.3 board but need to burn the bootloader. Only mistake I made was installing the power LED backwards. I fixed the ";" error in the code and removed the OLED revision C code so it does compile.
gwikse  
#246 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:15:32 PM(UTC)
gwikse

Hehe sounds good,
I am code challanged myself, so the deaf leading the blind? :p

I just got my old B2 card working again, I had some simular issues as you with a B3 board, so I had to get something else working in the headphone DAC/AMP while I troubleshoot the issue. I am hoping it is just replacing tridents that will do the trick :)

But now I have to get back to the remaing 10 shelves of CD`s to rip (done 1 so far....), this will take forever Boo hoo!
SCompRacer  
#247 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:59:18 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

You are way more advanced in code than I. I really miss Robert.

I hope your BII is a simple fix too. Right now my Placid's are all removed. I am waiting for a range of resistors around computed value to get rid of the VR1/VR2 current and voltage pots.

Cost a bunch but....

UserPostedImage

I have a little over 2.6TB ripped. I did it all one by one, paying close attention to tagging before the rip. I use and like dBpoweramp. I haven't tried the Vortexbox ripper yet, but you can customize settings for ripping.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:02:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SCompRacer  
#248 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 11:51:47 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

CE644 v1.3. It works, but code is really stripped from CE328 and I imagine earlier versions of the CE644.

ce644_v1.3_works.jpg (235kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
gwikse  
#249 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 12:06:17 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Looks great :)

Nice to see an oled working with the backpack controller.

Is that a rev c of the newhaven oled?
SCompRacer  
#250 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 12:54:18 AM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Thanks! I was happy that it worked. Forget braid to mop up solder between traces on tiny parts. My Hakko FR300 desolering gun worked great for that!

It is an old Rev A newhaven. This is the one Robert and I tried to make work with the BIII shield and older code.

Do you know if the Agafugu TWILCD will work in place of the discontinued electroFUN I2C Extra IO? Both use serial control for LCD. I'm sure the library would be needed as well as code changes. I have a friend that wants to build a CE-Designs BIII shield.
gwikse  
#251 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 3:29:30 AM(UTC)
gwikse

I use akafugu hardware and software (library) on my two displays (also rev a). So.... yes it works ;)

twilcd-1.jpg (79kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

Btw, I and Robert had the code for this figured out ages ago. I am struggling to implement the oled code into other sketches, but it still works if I have the right libraries. I found that the easiest way to keep track is to keep the arduino software inside the sketch folder, ready for archive. Then if you have a HDD crash or something else goes awry, you have a backup folder with all you need. Takes a little more space, but hey, we`re not talking about GB`s here :p

I do not however think the two i2c expanders are interchangable with regards to code and libraries. I have not used the other one since I found the akafugu.

Btw, you have mail.

Edit: The code in the link and the mail is the code I am running now with CE-uno shield and oled w. akafugu (and B3SE). See the last post with code for input section. BUT, there is one thing that is wrong in the code on this page, that is the B3SEpin. It should be HIGH when it is LOW, and LOW when it is HIGH. I am not 100% sure that it is correct in the linked code, but I think it is.

https://drive.google.com...Py4FclZoUjBwMWxSaW8/view

sharedcode.jpg (56kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

Edited by user Saturday, March 19, 2016 5:33:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked gwikse for this useful post.
SCompRacer on 3/19/2016(UTC)
SCompRacer  
#252 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 9:17:04 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Thank you gwikse! Yes that email is still valid. Thanks for sharing! I had no idea the OLED was working with the old code. I think the older code will be best for me if I stay dual mono.
gwikse  
#253 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 10:05:16 PM(UTC)
gwikse

No problem.

I can check your code if you want. Just send me your library folder and ino file and I`ll have a look to see if I can be of help.

I have some time this week end while I rip cd`s. Next week, I`m going to try help a friend with a DAC that is not working (crossing my fingers for something simple ;) ).
gwikse  
#254 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 10:21:55 PM(UTC)
gwikse

I think I will try one of these to isolate the controller.

https://www.tindie.com/p...nnel-opto-isolator-card/

opto isolator
gwikse  
#255 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 10:18:45 PM(UTC)
gwikse

Adding more inputs to the code for a second extreme connectivety dac.

SCompRacer  
#256 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 12:28:08 AM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Most impressive!

Will that isolator work with the Sidecar/OTTO II relays too? Nice find!

Edited by user Monday, March 21, 2016 12:32:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gwikse  
#257 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:14:55 PM(UTC)
gwikse

Originally Posted by: SCompRacer Go to Quoted Post
Most impressive!

Will that isolator work with the Sidecar/OTTO II relays too? Nice find!

Yea, I hope so too. Crossing fingers and toes ;)

Todays project makes me gulp in fear regarding heat and stuffing DAC chassis to the brink.

Opened the unit and my jaw dropped Anxious

todays project.jpg (216kb) downloaded 18 time(s).

Following the lines and reading som manuals I was able to figure out what caused the unit to never work; the 1.2V clock supply was not connected...

bilde 1.jpg (201kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

I am hoping that the solder break was clean and without any contact to 3,3V that is very close to where the cable was "standing" when I started troubleshooting. The clock is in a socket, so it can be replaced, but ... oh well. Time will tell (tomorrow, now I need some music to get my mind of this... :p).

Edited by user Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:59:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gwikse  
#258 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:43:21 AM(UTC)
gwikse

Ok, now that is done (darn that was a tight spot to solder at). Sound playing from digital and analog inputs :)
First impressions are that I am happy with the one I have allready ;)

Now I can get back to my own DAC(s) :)

I am looking at adding one input to my main DAC, as that would make it possible for me to have all the SP-dif groups (1-4 coax or optical) and teleporter + one more i2s as well as the S.P.T. (surround pass through). 1 through 7, starting with the spdif`s and ending with the SPT.

The code should be easy to configure for anything up to 9 inputs or even 10 if you can live with input 10 being shown as "0". I have yet to alter the input switching code and check at the arduino pins to see whether or not the code does anything other than stating inputs that are without any switch functionality (as it was with the B2). But I am hoping that the code can do switching in both the B3 mux (via the 4ch input card) as well as external (4 - 1 card + otto`s etc). Then it would be easy to wire it up as well.

gwikse  
#259 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:34:24 PM(UTC)
gwikse

My "easter egg".

I have a set of Beta 22 + Sigma 22 boards lying here, as well as some ventus ez boards. I also had a Placid HD-BP with mundorf caps. So the only thing I was missing was time and will to put it all together. This easter I had some time after and while troubleshooting a DAC, so I took 2x 45x45x0,2cm aluminium plates and made a stacked chassis out of them.

This is the result so far:

DSC_0494.jpg (272kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

DSC_0485.jpg (209kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

DSC_0513.JPG (228kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

DSC_0506.JPG (220kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

DSC_0488.jpg (251kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

DSC_0524.JPG (336kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

DSC_0525.JPG (321kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

DSC_0526.JPG (258kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

DSC_0532 1.JPG (250kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

DSC_0535.JPG (211kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

I will send the alu to powder coating (ral9005 jet black), and order front and rear panels that mount to the front and rear.

The PSU section and the amp section is isolated with plastic washer (+ one that also cover the threads) so that the PSU section will be connected to safety earth whilt the amp section will be connected to signal earth. As pr. AMB`s recommendation for the beta+sigma builds.

The ventus is now running some burn in. The Placid is running at +-200ma ccs and most of that is shunted. I am planning on replacing the EZ with discrete ventus`es to get a discrete solution. Been running for about 20 hours now, and the case is not even warm. Touching the alu plate right underneath QN/QP it feels a little warm, but I doubt it get above 40c at any point. Just the way I like it ;)
gwikse  
#260 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:41:46 PM(UTC)
gwikse

DSC_0577.jpg (215kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

Back to the desktop DAC/AMP.

I put a legato 3.1 into the mix. Sounds good, crystal clear at 92/99 on the volume knob Anxious

I will have to get a small arduino and make a mini-shield to get the lid on Pray

I will also cut out a large portion of the lid above the legato in order to get easy access (using hex mesh for air intake on cars). That way it should be easy to check and adjust the legato wich is mounted on top of the reversed dac card (back to back).

I am hoping that I can connect this with its amanero signal sent to the other dac while the other DAC can send its sp-dif signal back using one teleporter set.

Desktop DAC/AMP w. Amanero I2S/DSD >----->------> Teleporter channel [0-2]>-------->--------> Main system DAC
Desktop DAC/AMP (D1 TTL) <-----------<-----------< Teleporter channel 3 <-----------<---------< Main system DAC/Mux

Channel 0-2 is set to send from the Desktop dac/amp and recieve on the main system DAC.
Channel 3 is set to recieve in the desktop dac/amp and send from the main system DAC

Edited by user Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:46:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed