Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brian Donegan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:47:08 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
There is a lot going on at Twisted Pear Audio these days.

We will be putting another large round of Buffalo32S DACs up for sale in the next couple days.

Kit construction is underway, and I will be posting a page for the new Ballsie Lite balanced to single-ended converter (along with pricing), as well as the AC1 controller and Femto processing core.

I am packing and shipping the last two rounds of Buffalo32S DACs, and that is, for the next two weeks, consuming most of my time.

We are planning a redesign of the USB Receiver/DAC module, making it a very small, panel mount unit with transformer-coupled S/PDIF output, as well as optional I2S output. It will forgo a line output option. The idea is to have a line of panel mount input modules, like the Toslink module, that can feed the S/PDIF Receivers and Buffalo DAC without taking up a lot of case space. (It will still use the PCM2707 USB chip, so will be limited to 16-bit/48-kHz; creating a high-res USB solution is beyond our bandwidth at the moment.) A similar S/PDIF input module with TTL level-shifting and transformer coupling is also in the works.

With this new module, we are debating whether to continue with the existing USB Receiver/DAC module with line outputs. Let us know what you think.

Russ started a new day job but is still doing an amazing job getting new products designed and tested.

I recently moved from my old house to a temporary location, and will be moving into our new house August 1. There will, therefore, be another 1-2 week period where I will not be shipping orders.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed