Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
branko  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 10:45:06 AM(UTC)
branko

Groups: Member

Hi,

as I asked in the diyaudio forum before (no answer):

Hi,

after reading this thread and looking at some firmwares for the ES9038pro I am still not sure how to perform a correct reset procedure with an external controller?

Is it possible to do this reset only via I2C (software reset) or must there also be a "wire" to the GPIO header (pin1)?

If it needs a wire connection: would it be ok to use a relay to connect reset pin (pin1) of the GPIO header to GND for 1,5 sec to perform the reset and then open the relay again? Or would it be necessary to hold pin1 active high after reset?

thank you

In the sabre data sheet for the es9038pro it reads:

The ES9038PRO must be reset after power-up to ensure correct operation. Reset can be performed using a reset controller in some configurations or via a system software reset. The active-LOW reset pin provides a high input-impedance with no internal pull-up or pull-down. To reset the ES9038PRO, the reset input should be pulled low for a minimum of 1ms after all external power supplies (and XIN if supplied externally) are stabilized. Following the reset signal, the input can be held high indefinitely.

BR

Branko

Possum  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:23:40 AM(UTC)
Possum

Groups: Member
Australia

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
There must be a wire to the reset pin on the GPIO Header if you are not using the onboard firmware. The DAC is disabled while the reset pin is held low (default)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed