Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
aos007  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 4:10:13 AM(UTC)
aos007

Groups: Member
Canada

Hi, I have a pretty old Buffalo DAC 3 with a bunch of modules (sidecar, teleporter, IVY 3, all digital inputs etc.) and have been playing with it recently and discovered that the output volume is very low. Something like 0.35V RMS on differential outputs wtih -3dB digital signal, which is quite a bit off to say the least. I was just crosschecking the gain resistors (no issues) and found out a line in the assembly guide that there was a firmware defect causing low volume in certain early versions of Buffalo 3. I wonder if this may be the case with my unit? I was trying to find the hex file with the new firmware but the link is dead. Where can I find the new firmware (or new chip with it)? Thanks.

P.S. I was checking DIP settings and well, assuming the "on" marking on one side is just that and not some factory mark, all my switches are set to off. There was also a comment that the new firmware has all switches set in reverse (not on) and mine seems to be set up with all switches off which leads me to believe I might have old firmware.

Edited by user Friday, November 27, 2020 4:14:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

aos007  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 5:22:19 PM(UTC)
aos007

Groups: Member
Canada

No one has firmware files to share?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed