Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
shadowfax  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:50:20 PM(UTC)
shadowfax

Groups: Member
Puerto Rico

Since completing my B3 SE dac 2 years ago I have not been able to upsample beyond 176.4 khz in Audirvana music player. Today I took some measurements and found the current to be around 250 ma and the shunt 0.10 ma. I don't know how and why I set or got those values at the time. So I managed to raise shunt to 250 ma but current is at around 830 ma. The most shunt current I was able to get was 34ma with current as high as 930 ma. Isn't this to high? however, the crux of the issue is that I could do upsampling up to 192 khz without any distortion or noise and 352 khz with a background noise only. Output v is 5.25 v

So, does this mean that these values have to keep going up to upsample at 352 and do dsd at 128?
And I am talking here about the hd ps for the Buffalo dac board.... Thanks!
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:20:11 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
The short answer is Yes. Current draw is directly tied to the sample rate you are playing.

This is in part why we added the TridentSRs and the HO version of the LCDPS (we actually have a new version of it coming out in the next few days). They can deliver more current and draw less at the same time.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed