Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
miklau  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 8:58:43 PM(UTC)
miklau

Groups: Member
Denmark

Hi TPA

I am having a voltage drop to ~5.7v when I connect the SPDIF module to my setup. One side of the LCDPS is driving the analog side for the COD and the other is driving the COD’s digital, metronome and SPDIF. Turning the pot does nothing. Heatsinks are cold (slightly warm on the digital section). When I remove the SPDIF board and turn on the power, the voltage is again ~7.5V.
I am using two toroidal transformers rated at 7V 2A each. Measured is ~9.1V (AC side) also when loaded with all boards driven.
I have grounded the PSU’s (a Linear for the Raspberry pi and one for the IVY) at the PSU. The one driving the IVY is grounded at the output signal between the COD and IVY. No ground is used on any I2S signal. RCA and SPDIF connectors are isolated from the metal enclosure.
I also have a OTTO I switch connected. When that is triggered the voltage drop again to the ~5.7 (SPDIF not connected) and stays there even when the switch is released.

Do you have any idea please? Thanks in advance.

I have connected my setup the following way:
COD DAC power wiring.jpg (79kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
miklau  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:18:34 PM(UTC)
miklau

Groups: Member
Denmark

Supplying the LCDPS with a 9v AC transformer solved the problem and I now have a stable supply. The voltage dropout was to great once loaded when supplied with the 7v transformer.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed