Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Possum  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 5:19:18 AM(UTC)
Possum

Groups: Member
Australia

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
That's not a typo, I transplanted an ES9028 into a Buffalo II - but it should sound no different to A BIIISE Pro (will let you know if otherwise when I get around to using my copy of that board).

The Buffalo 2 Pro was used to replace one of the 3 BIII boards running in mono mode in a 3-way monoblock using a networked digital xover and room correction DSP. I chose to replace the DAC running the mid range (90Hz-1.5KHz band) because that is the sound spectrum where the biggest THD improvements supposedly are - and they were not lying!

The difference between the ES9018 and ES9028 in this frequency band is nothing short of transformational. The sound is much tighter and nuanced, and the soundstage becomes considerably deeper and 3 dimensional - this is without any re-tuning of the digital speaker and room corrections based on the ES9018's output.

Haven't even played around with the new filters yet, but am mightily impressed - will do the same to the top end next. If the improvement is only half as much I will be very pleased indeed!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed