Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
SeekingGreatSound  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 6:24:35 PM(UTC)
SeekingGreatSound

Groups: Member
United States

I received an Amanero USB receiver from TPA a few months back and I am just getting into the test phase of my latest project. The board isn't recognized by my Windows 10 V1703 build 15063 computer I'm using for testing.

I have installed three Amanero USB boards in past projects (purchased from Amanaero). All have worked great and I found the driver installation to be very simple and has always worked.

I tried the latest driver on the Amanero website and the driver on TPA and the one I'm currently using in my working music player. When I plug this board in the computer shows "Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed)". The same USB cable is used for Arduino programming so it works. I noticed a P3 jumper is toward "P3". Don't know what this is for.

On my working music player (different Amanero board) I see "Amanero Technologies USB Driver 1.0.56" in the "Sound, video and game controller" list of the Device Manager. Nothing is showing up here with this new board (assume because the board isn't being recognized).

Is this an Amanero Firmware issue and it needs reloading? If so how?
Any other suggestions or do I need to return it?

Thanks!

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:01:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added info; tried to be more definitive to what I'm referring to (board or driver)

SeekingGreatSound  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:04:11 PM(UTC)
SeekingGreatSound

United States

I tried clearing the firmware using the P3 jumper and reloaded the firmware using the tools on the Amanero website. It reported that it was successful but I get the same results.
Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:34:32 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Which firmware version did you use when flashed?

SeekingGreatSound  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 3:20:31 AM(UTC)
SeekingGreatSound

United States

Firmware 1.096c3w2 Used Amanero oemtool 117 to flash. In that folder is atm6124_cdc.inf but Windows doesn't like that when I try to update to that.

When I searched for this on Google I think I saw on HIDUINO (April 2013) that a similar issue of Windows not recognizing it after flashing and you have to go to the driver or inf so I tried selecting the inf file instead of letting Windows find it (and it says the latest is already installed).
SeekingGreatSound  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 3:52:41 AM(UTC)
SeekingGreatSound

United States

When I flashed: I printed the instructions on the Amanero site which shows shorting the P3 jumper for one second to clear it.
It shows the atm6124_cdc.inf file for the driver that Windows didn't like.

Which version of each flash step should be used? Amanero site: The boards by default are programmed with CPLD_for_1080 and firmware 1.096c3w2

Flash CPLD: CPLD_for_1080 comes up automatically/default
Flash CPU: firmware_1096c3w2 comes up automatically/default

I saw on TPA something on slave mode but couldn't find it now to reference. I'm not a fan of trial and error but here it goes.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed