Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tomasz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 8:27:34 PM(UTC)
Tomasz

Groups: Member
Poland

Hi everyone,

I have my dual mono dac build already some time ago and working in current mode.
Back in the days i couldnt solve the issue with dual mono dacs not working together with single legato 3.1. Because my DACs are working fine in dual mono (without legato), the only issue could be the legato, so i have ordered an build the second legato.
No i have put all in place, and there is no sound. Both DACs are working fine in mono, and both channels on legato are working correctly, if i feed them with half of the dacs outs (4 of 8).
This is really strange! As is said, i have tested all separately and DACs are working in dual mono, Legato is all fine and both channels are working with stereo or 4/8 dacs (one DAC side), but when i put all 8 dacs outputs together it wont work with legato!
I can hear only just i tiny shadow of music if i turn the volume very high.

This ist strange and really frustrating, i have bought lots of stuff (two legatos and two placid hd bp) for my dual mono, and it seems like i lost my money and a lot of time, because it doesnt work together...

I hope to get some help on this.

Tomasz

Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 6:57:26 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Can you post some details on your wiring of the DAC outputs to the Legato inputs?
Tomasz  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 7:53:39 PM(UTC)
Tomasz

Groups: Member
Poland

Originally Posted by: Brian Donegan Go to Quoted Post
Can you post some details on your wiring of the DAC outputs to the Legato inputs?

Hello Brian,

thank you very much for the answer, I have actually noticed, that there is already new Buffalo on the way witch Mercury I/V stage...first after I have build my legato. The point is, I am going to get es9038pro plus Mercury and give up on that dual mono build.

But just for you, I have had actually put all the DAC in phase and DACB in antiphase (software), then sum them all together...and it works as current mode... sounds quite good at least :) Now as you ask, maybe i have done something wrong here, but on scope it looks fine, and its sounds very good in current mode as well, so i dont know.

As I said, I have already accepted my defeat on dual mono...and cant wait to get Mercury with 9038...

by the way, is there possibility to preorder Mercury? Are you expecting to run out of stock of 9038 any soon...dont know if I should grab what you have or wait until all stock is there ;)

------------------
Register 13 (0x0D) DAC polarity
In-phase: 0x00 (all 8 channels) (D)
Anti-phase: 0xFF (all 8 channels)
------------------
Register 19 (0x13) DACB polarity
In-phase: 0xFF (all 8 channels)
Anti-phase: 0x00 (all 8 channels) (D)
1256 In-Phase; 3478 Anti-Phase: 0x33
1256 Anti-Phase; 3478 In-Phase: 0xCC
-------------------

then i set in my programm:
-------------------
writeSabreReg(0x0D,0x00); // DAC in-phase
writeSabreReg(0x13,0x00); // DACB anti-phase

here the output of my DAC on cheap scope

[img=https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPY3h8jaE0EMuZPp8I5CtliS1701LD8STkrAyHd]scope[/img]

Edited by user Monday, November 27, 2017 7:55:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed