Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
pmchoong  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:03:38 PM(UTC)
pmchoong

Groups: Member

I am pasting my questions on the diy audio forum here to hoping get some respond : B3 with 2 IVY.png (117kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

I am using the Buffalo-III with the four-channelS/PDIF module and the Sidecar. The Sidecar is not connecting to any input but is chained to the 4-channel/S/PDIF module. It is there for future expansion.

Right now I have connected both the IVY3 to the B-III to the same channel as per the drawing.

The problems I encounter :

1) Noise distortion from both speakers. I noticed that the output from the left channel is measured at 0.46V as compared to the 77.5mV from the right channel.

2) CD Transport signal dropping every 5 to 10 seconds. I am using the shigaclone and it has no problem with another DAC. The B-III has no problem with my media player.

3) First one second of signal is lost - eg. for some songs, the first second opening of the song is missing. The BIII just locked in a second late. (This issue is already there before I install the second board.)

Do I need to set any jumpers on the B-III or set the switch position?

Appreciate any suggestions and help.
Thank you.
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:36:55 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Before we go any deeper into this, I am wondering why you are running two IVY's in parallel on the same channels?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed