Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
audioforev  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 11:46:35 AM(UTC)
audioforev

Groups: Member
Spain

Hi TPA team,

I am enjoying Buff II + Legato 3 (+ Tridents, Placids, etc.) since some years for now Angel.

I bought Volumite mainly to have volume control for headphone use (directly connected to Legato HP output).

But to me surprise, whilst I have a proper volume control with Volumite, to my ears, on normal listening use (I mean, with loudspeaker, not on headphones) with Volumite in place (at max vol control) the sound is somehow different than previously was. I do not know how to say in English, but to my ears with Volumite it is missing some ‘air’, ‘decays’, timbre a bit different,…

I believe this could be caused because of the different firmware, and as I prefer the sound quality of the stock BII firmware, I disconnected the Volumite and reinstalled again the BII stock firmware (even if now I have to wait again those around 5 minutes to stabilize the system (?) to avoid those dropouts on cold). I don’t why, but yes, to me it sounds better with the stock firmware and the ‘complete magic sound’ returned with this firmware.

But I do not want to renounce to use headphones with Volumite. So, my question…

Would be possible to have both firmware installed in their corresponding sockets, BUT only one of them working?

I mean: I want to use a simple switch to route DVCC supply on I2C header to the stock firmware OR to the Volumite firmware (pìn 8 VCC on both ATtiny85). I would ‘activate’ the corresponding firmware using the switch (obviously, before to connect the whole BII).

Could have some issue/interference because of being installed in its socket the ‘non-working’ (not VCC supplied) firmware with respect to the other, active (VCC supplied) firmware?

Thanks and best regards,
Alberto
audioforev  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 3:47:49 PM(UTC)
audioforev

Groups: Member
Spain

Hi Russ/Brian (et all),

Any answers to the post above? Summarizing...

Could there be any issue/risk in BII operation by having two firmware (BII stock firmware and Volumite firmware) plugged in their corresponding sockets (I2C header for Volumite) but only one of them DVCC supplied?

Thanks!

Edited by user Friday, January 13, 2017 3:48:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed