Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
SCompRacer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2016 11:14:09 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I had built this BIII DAC for a friend a couple years ago with Amanero USB module. It has a CE-Design shield, Arduino with CE-Design modified HiFiDuino code. HiFi2000/modushop chassis. Two S/PDIF and USB to I2S input. TP power supplies, Legato 3.1, one Salas PS for Sidecar/4 channel input board and Amanero/Hermes/Cronus stack.

I had purchased the Acko isolation/reclocking boards for the Amanero but the all SMD parts were too much for my old eyes and smallest solder iron tip. With the release of the Hermes/Cronus, I got the DAC back and installed the upgrades. It was a great sonic improvement over the Amanero by itself.

I played some standard flac, 24/96 hi-res (highest I got) and native DSD, works and sounds great! Thanks to Russ and Brian!

The Amanero/Hermes/Cronus stack was too high to fit between inputs/top chassis so I moved it inboard. A good quality USB cable was cut and reterminated on the B end to make a jumper. A reversible Neutrik USB A/B connector was mounted on rear panel.

I made a custom U.fl to pin header adapter for the Sidecar from a female header connector. I bent the pins over. Only drawback is no support for the U.fl center pin, one partially pushed out when I connected the cable to it. If I used thicker U.fl cable it would have been easier to strip and solder to pins. The grounds are all tied to the end ground connector on the Sidecar.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Sunday, February 28, 2016 11:23:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russ White  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2016 11:51:16 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
That is an excellent job of wiring! Great build!

Thanks for the report - that always makes be feel good. :)

Cheers!
Russ
thanks 1 user thanked Russ White for this useful post.
SCompRacer on 2/29/2016(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed