Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
renanj  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:38:23 PM(UTC)
renanj

Groups: Member

I bought a stock Amanero from amanero.com and installed it with their latest drivers and hooked it up to the B3 SE. It sounds very good but there are dropouts (hiccups) every few minutes.

How can I fix the droputs? Do I need to set switches on the B3 SE to help with this problem. Please advise.

A related question: if I bought the Hermes and Isolator from Twisted Pear, could I use the stock Amanero board I already have? Would I need to update the firmware? If so, where could I get that firmware from?
Russ White  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:28:18 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
The amanero in stock mode has a fair amount of phase noise - you likely just need to set the DPLL on the B3SE higher (try setting sw1 5,6,7 to off). Also make sure your wiring is nice and short.

You can definitely use a stock Amanero with the Cronus and Hermes. I believe I describe the correct firmware and settings to use on the DIYAudio thread, but I will make sure we describe this in the documentation Brian and I are almost finished with.
SCompRacer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:23:37 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
This info was copied and saved by me from the diyaudio thread. The Amanero/Hermes/Cronus worked properly in my dual mono BIII.

Download the flash tool from Amanero linked off the page below. Check out the readme for correct procedure (when to jumper, when to disconnect, flash, reconnect etc.)

http://amanero.com/combo384_firmware.htm

Amanero flash:

CPLD Firmware = set to "Slave_For_1080"

CPU Firmware = "firmware_1096c" or "firmware_1095b" - but do not use "firmware_1095c" as it is broken.

Set config bits per image.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:26:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked SCompRacer for this useful post.
Russ White on 2/18/2016(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed