Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
James Mansion  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2016 10:07:08 AM(UTC)
James Mansion

Groups: Member
United Kingdom

Hi,

Would a number of Opus boards be a good match for the miniDSP USBStreamer interface?

And would the balanced outputs be suitable to drive digital amp boards such as those from Hypex or LCAudio?

Its not clear to me whether a Buffalo III would be a better fit - I don't think my eyesight is up to overly fiddly soldering.

I'd like to build a software based multichannel system (actually for crossover).

I believe USBStreamer can be powered from an external power supply (ie the supply in the DAC system) and that I could then use a Corning optical extender as mentioned here

I see the Opus wants 7.5VDC, and the USBStreamer says it wants 5V300ma, I'll ask miniDSP what the voltage tolerance is for the USBStreamer - is it likely that I could acquire an assembled power supply that is suitable to power the USBStreamer and also 3 off stereo DAC boards?

It might be convenient for me if it were possible to step down from the aux power output from a Hypex SMPS400A180, which has +-21VDC. The LCAudio modules seem to have +-12VDC for gate drive.

Thanks
James
Rss Feed  Atom Feed