Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
benniehanas  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 8:59:08 PM(UTC)
benniehanas

Groups: Member
United States

Hello all, I am planning on upgrading from headphones to towers and want to start with something I can use around 60% for music and the rest for television. I am looking into building the Statements II by Jim Holt to start things off, but want good conversion from 24/192 up to Double-rate DSD files I have to analogue. The Buffalo-III supports 8 output channels, and I was wondering if there is any help with setting it up diagram wise. I want to end up with usb and S/PDIFinputs and 7.1 analogue output hopfully with the IVY-III I/V Stages. I wanted a good volume control and and ability to switch sources with a switch which I belive the OTTO-II will do. Also for the sub output to have a filter so anything over 100htz is stopped. I mainly listen to Jazz and Classical and Big Band music and watch action movies. I was hoping for a very very rough sketch on how everything would theoretically fit together I I can start researching more closely how it will all fit together. Sound I was looking for was large soundstage and great imaging. Basically as little coloration on the music as possible.
LeonvB  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:37:00 PM(UTC)
LeonvB

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Have you read the documentation?
benniehanas  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:04:56 PM(UTC)
benniehanas

United States

Yes, I did. I will start with the input portion first, If I desire to use higher res files for stereo via a Amanero USB Receiver coming in through a sidecar, but also want to be able to switch to different source for multichannel (7.1) output. I would think I needed to connect the multi-channel source directly to the Buffalo, but am not sure if I would then need a OTTO to switch sources or if it would even work at all. I have no experience with building DACs yet, but can learn through this first project. I guess if having the multi-channel option is too much, I can just opt for stereo only.
LeonvB  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 5:43:15 PM(UTC)
LeonvB

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I think it's far easier to start with either a 8 channel setup or a stereo one. The input switching can be added later.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed