Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
canyoncruz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:54:11 PM(UTC)
canyoncruz

Groups: Member
United States

Hello,

I would like to go from USB to the SPDIF transceiver. I will be connecting my computer with an optical USB cable, and transmitting the SPDIF with a high bandwidth laser. Can you please help me identify which or your components will help me achieve this?...up to the laser of course.

I am having a hard time trying to find information on some of the components. Also, do you have dimensions for all of the PCB's to be used? I need to layout to make a box for everything.

Thank you,

CC

Edited by user Wednesday, December 23, 2015 10:11:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

canyoncruz  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:15:10 PM(UTC)
canyoncruz

United States

Hello Again.

I will ultimately be going into a Theta Gen Viii Ser3. It has a 24 bit 192 kHz input max. I see on the Amanero sight tit can be configured for the older 192 max. Does this include 24 bit? and it still be configured to 24 bit?

Also, from the cronus to yor SPDIF transceiver, will the additional clocking from the Wolfson add problems? or should it too be clocked by the cronus.?

I await your reply.

Thanks,

CC
Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 9:48:12 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
For this I would just use the Amanero feeding I2S to the S/PDIF Transceiver, then to your laser-based transmitter.

What is an optical USB cable?
canyoncruz  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 11:04:18 PM(UTC)
canyoncruz

United States

Thank you. Will the amanero have to be set up for the "older 24 bit 192 kHz devices as indicated in the Amanero site?

An Optical USB cable is a cable Manufactured by Corning. It uses an ASIC with a VCSEL laser and a Photodetctor on a silicon waveguide. The power rails are copper but the signal is fiber optic. The cable is for self powered USB devices only. Thinking of bypassing the power at the amanero side and using a AQVOX on the send side or equivalent.

Here is a link to the optical USB:

http://www.corning.com/o...ptical.aspx#.VpQ0odHF-2U
Rss Feed  Atom Feed