Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brian Donegan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:29:40 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
The boards for the next round of Buffalo DACs should be here some time next week, I will be working hard to get them built as quickly as possible. We are calling this round version 1.2, as there is a minor change to the layout for this round to make connection of the Volumite easier. (Volumite will still work with versions 1.0 and 1.1.)

There has been a lot of consternation about the difficulty in obtaining the Buffalos in the past, both for buyers and for us. This time around, I will be trying something old and something new. I will be taking pre-orders for the Buffalo (wait! don't send me an email, just keep reading). We have doubled the number of DACs for this round (as we have for each of the previous rounds), so hopefully we can come closer to meeting the demand.

"You have taken pre-orders before. How is this different?" Excellent question! For one, I will be maintaining the list publicly, so you will be able to see where you are in line. There will be two stages to the pre-orders. First, there will be pre-orders for the DACs we have in stock. For these, you will place your order and pay up front, and the DACs will ship out as soon as they are ready. I will also be taking orders beyond the current stock, the much demanded "Waiting List." For these, we will take a small refundable deposit ($5). This will allow us to better plan how many we need to order for the next round, and we can get a board order in right away. If at any point you want out, your deposit will be refunded immediately.

All of the pre-orders and waiting list will be handled through the web site, so please, please, please do not send me emails asking to get on the waiting list. I will make noise and jump up and down telling everyone when and how it will be ready.

Because of the minor layout change, before I open up the pre-orders, I want to get one of the new boards built and tested. I also need to write some code to handle all this (order list, etc) and still need to work out the details. Please send mail and let us know if you think this is a good or bad idea (feedback@twistedpearaudio.com).

Edited by user Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:32:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed