Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
biggsd  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:31:42 AM(UTC)
biggsd

Groups: Member
New Zealand

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just want to say a huge thanks to the Twisted Pear team for making such amazing audio equipment - Russ, Brian, rest of crew you guys rock!

I just upgraded my dual Dac (for DJing) system with the new Placids, and straight away its a whole new level. incredible!

Now its all built, can't wait to try them at the next event through the PA - Buffalo DAC amplified to 130 db.. haha… its really blows the mind.

Thanks again!
thanks 1 user thanked biggsd for this useful post.
Russ White on 9/21/2014(UTC)
Russ White  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 6:21:48 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Thank you for the report. I am glad you are pleased!

Cheers!
Russ
musicman  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 1:47:06 PM(UTC)
musicman

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
After I replaced all my Placid's in my BIIIse dual mono to the latest ver 2.1, the sound quality improved dramatically. Everything sounds better now. From botton to top. The dynamics and the way the soundstage seems to expand and where all the instruments are well defined in their own place on stage is really impressing.

A friend was so impressed when hearing the same as me that he ask me if I would be so kind and put together some new Placid's for him too.( He bought my old BII some time ago and have been happy with it until now. )

After his BII got the new Placid's we did a shoot out against my BIIIse dual mono. We had to use the s/pdif connection since my friend don't have i2s yet.

And the winner was,,,,,,,BIIIse dual mono. The difference was not large but enough to clearly here a small but very important difference, and that was that the BIIIse dual mono sounded more forgiving, not quite so clinical/cold. Why you may wonder ? I tell you why, it's the Takman carbon resistor that I put in my Ivy some time ago. They are very good in the Ivy. They seems to add a touch of a more warm and forgiving sound, but without loosing details and dynamics. In my opinion a must do tweek in the Buffalo.

Later I changed to Takman in the Placid's, but here It 's not easy to hear any difference, if any at all. So if you are planning to build the latest Placid's and you feel that the Buffalo can somethimes sound a bit to much on the analytical/cold side, give the Takman carbon a try, but First on Ivy or Lagato.
thanks 1 user thanked musicman for this useful post.
Russ White on 11/7/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed