Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Russ White  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:47:21 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
I know some of you have been patiently waiting for Sympatico, so I wanted to give a little update.

Thanks to the incredibly fast and skilled assembly by Brian, The Sympatico prototype has been successfully tested. In fact, I am listening to it as I type and have been for the last three days. All of the numbers hit exactly on the mark from the VREG voltage to the current draw of the CCS. I feel like I hit the sweet spot on the first swing.

Turn on and turn off behavior is perfect, no thumps or chirps.

The Sympatico is significantly easier to setup than a TXO-2.

The sound is simply stunning to me, I love TXO-2 but this indeed a notch above in terms of fidelity. I think in large part because of the very short feedback loops and the on board shunt regulators.

So I just wanted to give a shout out to Brian for putting it together so fast, thanks buddy. Just a couple months ago Sympatico was just an idea I shared with him. Today it is reality.

One builders note. I would not recommend anything more than 25V(50VCT) secondaries period.

20-24V (40-48VCT) is ideal. I am using a single 44VCT 1KVA transformer for two channels. It is driving 4ohm 87db speakers with ease.

The amp is wired center tapped, so dual secondary transformers should be used wired in series by using the two spots at the power input, the point where the secondaries join becomes the center tap.

We should have it ready to order soon.

Cheers!
Russ

Edited by user Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:50:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

akione  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:22:27 PM(UTC)
akione

Groups: Member

Thanks for the update, Russ.

It looked like being a winner right from the start. :)

My finger is poised over the 'Buy' button ....... :)
chatziva  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:12:19 PM(UTC)
chatziva

Groups: Member

congratulations guys

you did it again

I too can't wait to buy the kit

Brian Donegan  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 9:47:35 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
I will soon have between 6 and 8 Sympatico kits (2 channels each) for sale from our initial board run. All testing so far has proved successful, without exception, so we don't foresee any changes to the board for the large production run. The idea behind selling these kits is to get some more feedback before we order a huge batch.

The kits will include:

-> Two Sympatico boards with all SMD parts pre-mounted
-> All non-SMD parts for each board bagged and clearly labeled (except the two 15000uF/50V caps)
-> Mounting hardware for the boards (will not include screws for mounting the chip to the heatsink)
-> A piece of Bergquist K-10 Kapton thermal pad for mounting the LM4780 to your heatsink (you will need to cut it to size)
-> PC-mount Faston tabs for all power, input and output connection, along with insulated crimp connectors
-> A drill guide for drilling the mounting holes for the LM4780 in your heatsink

See the pictures on the Sympatico page...

We are thinking the final kits will cost $249. We will be selling these early kits for $219 to get some early feedback.

I should have these ready to go in the next few days and will make an announcement of when I will put them up for sale.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed