Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Orangeart  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:57:32 PM(UTC)
Orangeart

Groups: Member
United Kingdom

Probably made a rookie error so I'll describe my set up and see what you all think. Successfully using a waveIO board via i2s into my buffalo 2. Previous to that i used a 4:1 spdif mux also obviously via 12S in the buff..

This weekend I finally got round to building and fitting the otto 2 I bought about 6 months ago. I've powered this from the same LCDPS output as the MUX. The MUX is connected to the otto via the b2 gang of connectors (gnd as well). I can switch between the MUX inputs just fine and sound comes out of the buffalo. However when i close the switch (wired as per the diagram in the integration guide, inc 10k resistor and jumper) I get no sound from the wave IO.

Is there a way of telling if the otto is switching without hearing the sound? The problem could of course lie elsewhere, at least if i can test the otto is switching i'll be able to figure is out.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Stefan
LeonvB  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:18:31 PM(UTC)
LeonvB

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 45 post(s)
A few things you could check: is the DAC locked when switched to the waveIO? If it is, a signal is detected but something else is wrong.
And you could test the OTTO with fi. a SPDIF signal: it should switch that too.
thanks 1 user thanked LeonvB for this useful post.
Orangeart on 2/11/2013(UTC)
Orangeart  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 10:49:31 AM(UTC)
Orangeart

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply Leon.

I'll check the DAC is locked, I have to admit that I haven't got the LED's installed at the moment, I'll do that at the weekend.

If it is, I'll try with a couple of SPDIF sources.

I assume there is no way of probing the Otto II to see if switching has occurred? presumably it's not as simple as there being continuity between input and out put as in a mechanical switch?

Probably won't get to this until the weekend now.

Stefan
SCompRacer  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:16:29 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Orangeart Go to Quoted Post

I assume there is no way of probing the Otto II to see if switching has occurred? presumably it's not as simple as there being continuity between input and out put as in a mechanical switch?

Without OTTO output, or A1-A4 connected, I've done continuity tests from B1 and B2 to A to ensure OTTO was switching. Just make sure you are testing the same channel pin (1 to 1, 2 to 2,).

EDIT: GND is not switched so you will always have continuity between B1, B2 and A GND. OTTO must be connected to power and ground for switch to work.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 7:18:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed