Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rudis  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:41:53 PM(UTC)
Rudis

Groups: Member

I just set up my JT and from the amp transformer 15VAC it seems to work fine albeit a little too hot on the voltage regulator. However when I hook it up to the dedicated transformer it sends short sequences to the relay board with about 1 sec delays.

Any ideas? Tranny acting up?
Rudis  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 6:07:30 AM(UTC)
Rudis

More details- I have the simple controller with v1.2 firmware that has direct potentiometer input. Looks like it needs 5-12VAC but 15VAC should be a safe for short periods of time.

After reading some voltages from the regulator I've come to suspect that something has gone dead. The larger tranny might be able to supply enough current to deal with this but the smaller one struggles and the voltage drop disrupts the controller operation.

Also when using the larger tranny I get strange switching at what seems to be the 64th step. At first it sounds like many relays switching but when I carefully set in that step it goes into continuous motorboat mode and heats up the regulator pretty fast.

P.S. I bought the boards from a guy who claims that the previous relays got fried when desoldering so I swapped them out. Today I'll do some testing on the diodes and transistors.
Rudis  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:10:27 PM(UTC)
Rudis

Sorted out today. Turns out that some of the diodes that were mounted on the underside of the relay board were touching some of the relay leads. As in- they can touch certain relay pins but not the ones they were touching this time.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed