Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dougie085  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2008 8:26:26 PM(UTC)
Dougie085

Groups: Member

Ok I was reading and it says the Opus has balanced outputs. Does this mean if I'm going to feed it directly into my chipamp that I'll need the balanced to single ended converter? I guess I'm not really certain whats balanced and whats single ended?
Chris Snyder  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 8:00:01 AM(UTC)
Chris Snyder

Groups: Member

For your purposes, balanced means that there are two ouputs per channel, and they are in anti-phase. More specifically, the outputs have equal impedances for better common mode rejection in differential amps and such down the line. If your chipamp has enough sensitivity, you can simply use one of the outputs and leave the other alone (or just put a resistor load on it). The spec sheet says that it will output 2 Vrms in balanced configuration, but if you only use one output, it will be half... 1 Vrms or 1.4 Vpp. If you use balanced to single ended converter, you can get the whole 2 Vrms or 2.8 Vpp.

If you use only one output, you can select the in-phase or anti-phase with a switch and join the number of people that try to guess what polarity their CD was recorded in Anxious

Edited by user Monday, March 31, 2008 8:53:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed