Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
abills3  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:20:03 AM(UTC)
abills3

Groups: Member

So as the summer draws closer, I've begun to ponder plans for another build, and with how well my opus build went, the ventus caught my eye. I have a couple questions though.
Right now, I have a Dual mono opus(wm8741), with spdif receiver setup for coax, metronome, and ballse going to RCA outputs.

1. I saw the Ventus can be connected directly to the outputs of an Opus. Does this mean I could take the output of the 2 Opi and run 2 leads out of each output terminal, run one to the inputs of the Ventus modules for headphone listening, but still have leads going to the ballse for speaker listening.

2. For powering the Ventus, how big of an effect does the power supply have on it? For example would it be better to run 2 LCBPS units or 1 Placid HD BD, or if my budget allowed it, a PHDPB for each amp module.

3. Same question, but is it worthwhile it to run a separate transformer for each supply module?

4. I was planning on adding a volumite to my dual mono Opus, but what switches would lose functionality by switching the opus to software mode?

Thanks,
Andrew
Rss Feed  Atom Feed