Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jo1964  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2012 7:19:37 AM(UTC)
Jo1964

Groups: Member

Hello

I have an Oppo BDP-95 and I need to use its balanced XLR stereo output for driving a second amplifier than only has single-ended inputs. The Oppo has a true balanced output, with separate I/V and output sections for each L+, L-, R+ and R- legs. It seems possible to use only the L & R + legs (and just left the - legs not connected) for an easy bal-to-se conversion, but probably it is better to use an active circuit like the Ventus EZ to do that. Moreover, I already have a good quality +/0/-Vdc linear PSU (adjustable for 15 or 12Vdc output) that I can use.

If I don't need to drive a headphone is it necessary to fully populate the Ventus EZ pcb, including the LME49600 diamond buffer output stage? Or it is enough to install the LME49710 op-amp and it will drive the single ended RCA outputs?

The Oppo-95 balanced out outputs 4v. The Ventus EZ single ended out will have the same high voltage or the standard single ended line level 2v?

And the Ventus EZ doesn't use any output muting relay (unlike the old Ballsie). Is there any risk of thumps or noises when using it?

Thanks in advance for your answers
nidirex  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 10:40:46 AM(UTC)
nidirex

Groups: Member
Italy

UP!

I need same feature: is possible to bypass second stage opamp (LM49600) using first only to convert balanced -> to single ended signal? Or is better to use both stages to create single ended signal? I believe that LME49710 is a very good opamp, good choice to bal -> se, and this allows to interface to OPUS a multiple variety of preamp without decresing performance of dac.

Another question: in general, IVY-III is better choice to obtain line signal, or Ventus EZ used as preamp is similar?

Edited by user Sunday, May 6, 2012 10:41:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russ White  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 3:44:37 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Ventus EZ should work just fine. The relay should not be necessary, but that will largely depend on the source. It's certainly worth a shot.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed