Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul-rotterdam  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 4:08:39 PM(UTC)
Paul-rotterdam

Groups: Member

I've used the LCPS for an active crossover. The signal is split at 120 Hz to a Seas L26 aluminium woofer and Accuton midwoofer and tweeter. The amps are 4 hypex Ucd modules....

currently I'm doing an attempt for sufficient funds to purchase a dual mono opus, and balanced volume control and source selector (and redesign the active crossover)

Is there any chance that the TwistedPear designers develop a simple crossoverboard (12db filters, a few db at 2 of the channels, and level control at these two channels? (the current board looks like nothing Brick wall

Anyway thanks for providing the excellent power supply which was a critical succes factor for this absolute beginner :d/

UserPostedImage

poweramp:

UserPostedImage

Would application of a few LCPS 's be an improvement for the opamps on the hypex modules compared to the standaard hypex HG supplY?

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2008 4:11:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

matjans  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 5:56:40 AM(UTC)
matjans

Groups: Member

Hi Paul, I don;t know how the lcps compares with the hypex HxR regulators (they're supposed to be very good) but i doubt it.

I had my ucd400's hooked up to a buffalo (single, not dual mono) but found the combination a bit "boring". The Buffalo is a *very* good dac (imho), very clean. The ucd's are very clean as well and the music lost a little of it's "groove"... Now it's sitting atop of a MyRev(C) and sounds great.

the RevC has a more "groovy" sound than the ucd's :)

Edited by user Friday, March 13, 2009 6:01:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed