Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kraz  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:58:13 AM(UTC)
Kraz

Groups: Member

Hi there,

I have had a functional dual mono B II/IVY III setup with Volumite which was properly working. I had purchased a MUX some years back and decided to add that to the mix for source selection. I am having an issue with this new setup:

- When I hooked up the MUX to BIIs using the I2S connections, the lock LED comes on both the MUX and the two BIIs, however there is no sound from the outputs. Turning the volume knob does nothing. The connections were checked using Leon's guide.

- When I connect the MUX to BIIs using SPDIF connection, the LEDs on MUX and BIIs come on as normal and I get sound, however the volumite behaves erratically. When I turn the volume control knob, the volume may or may not go up or down; its very inconsistent.

What is the correct way to get a MUX with dual mono B II, IVY III and Volumite to work properly?
LeonvB  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:54:44 AM(UTC)
LeonvB

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Check:
1. "Do not forget to set the SPDIF switch (2) to OFF"
2. As the Mux also requires power, it could be your PSU does not provide enough (milli)amps. I would start checking voltages to see if they sag when you add the mux.

I'm extremely sure the BII guide is correct, as I actually have a Mux with a dual mono BII :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed