Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
i2k  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:52:34 PM(UTC)
i2k

Groups: Member

Hi,
I plan to buy Opus SPDIF combo and install a pair of output transformer as the output stage. Will this transformer works : (600ohm/600ohm. if yes, how can I connect them to the Opus ?) :

UserPostedImage

There are some thread about this over diyaudio forum with so many ways to install a transformer and that makes me confuse :-(

I also have a question regarding the SPDIF transceiver. What is the purpose of "clock" pad (on the top left edge of the board)? I'm new to this digital stuff, so pls bear with me.

Thanks in advance.
Erlend Sæterdal  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2011 4:26:17 AM(UTC)
Erlend Sæterdal

Use 100 OHM in series with the + and - output. Solder the output to 1 and 3 . 4 and 6 can go for either + and - on the next balanced input. If you not use an balanced input then solder 4 or 6 to the ground of the input. The other 4 or 6 to the "hot" connection.

The clock pad is for external clock if you like to spend money on such a ridiculous thing.

Edited by user Sunday, July 3, 2011 4:30:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i2k  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2011 6:29:57 PM(UTC)
i2k

Originally Posted by: Erlend Sæ Go to Quoted Post
Use 100 OHM in series with the + and - output. Solder the output to 1 and 3 . 4 and 6 can go for either + and - on the next balanced input. If you not use an balanced input then solder 4 or 6 to the ground of the input. The other 4 or 6 to the "hot" connection.

The clock pad is for external clock if you like to spend money on such a ridiculous thing.

Hi Erlend & thanks for the reply,
Can I confirm your answer to following diagram :

UserPostedImage

Another option is to use Edcor (cheaper) trans with center tapped primary & secondary 1:1 600 ohm. Can I wire it like this :

UserPostedImage

Thanks in advance...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed