Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
InfiniteGain  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 5:21:35 AM(UTC)
InfiniteGain

Groups: Member

Hi,

Brian and Russ, just though you might like to know (and for the benefit of your forum readers in the UK) I contacted Avel Lindberg in the UK, trying to obtain a better price for tranformers locally than order from yourselves and have them shipped.

Turns out, there is a difference to the transformers. Avel UK's transformers are UK-made, while Avel US are supplied theirs from China and the email I have from them basically hints that they tried Chinese production and were not enthusiastic about quality. I was told the US side acts like a separate business and the ones you have are made in China, but should be to spec. It sounded to me like something worded to not tick off the US side, or its Chinese supplier, whilst also trying to suggest that somehow the UK-made transformers are better, when I suspect there is no proof of such, except maybe in overall production tolerances from spec.

The price for a 9V+9V and a 15V+15V as sold by yourselves here on TPA, was £69 if ordering locally from Avel UK. While shipping your ones to the UK works out 45% less overall than ordering locally. I'm not too concerned who makes it so long as to spec - so I think I will be ordering from TPA in coming weeks.

I've tried looking around the UK for small transformers like these with such a tight regulation and I certainly cannot find any. So even for the UK, you guys are the best supplier of quality transformers for low-voltage applications requiring 9 or 15 volts it seems.

I am wondering if some of your other components can be supplied at better prices too. Either way, well done.

On another note, are there ever going to be trident's on offer again, either in full, kit, or PCB?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed