Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
RoyB  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 8:04:29 PM(UTC)
RoyB

Groups: Member

I modified an old Theta Digital TLC jitter filter by installing in it the Twisted Pear Audio S/PDIF Transceiver board. I have this jitter filter along with 4 others in the trunk of my car feeding a Theta Digital Pro Basic IIIA DAC. The TLC supplys 5 volts to the trasnceiver board. I used the pulse transfomer from the TLC and installed Vampire Wire BNC connectors connected by Ohm-Aha 75 ohm cable (from the Parts Connexion). The transceiver worked perfectly the first time it was powered up. The sound is awesome; rock solid images, great depth, darker silences, more lifelike, explosive dynamics... The board is extremely well made and a great value! I look forward to making other projects with the Twisted Pear kits.
RoyB attached the following image(s):
transceiver.JPG (103kb) downloaded 1,009 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
speakerlover  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 4:29:33 PM(UTC)
speakerlover

WOW! That is so cool! How did you come up with that? It looks so intricate, I am amazed. You must be an avid speaker lover like me! Nice job!
RoyB  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 3:51:54 PM(UTC)
RoyB

I have recently repurposed my collection of 7 S/PDIF transceiver boards that I have collected for my car and home stereos. I used a vintage jitter chassis from an Assemblage UJB-1 (Parts Connexion) to house the boards. I recently purchased two more transceiver boards for a total of 9 daisy chained. They are powered by a Placid HD power supply. Such fun! Thanks Twisted Pear! C3D3CBF5-76EB-4EF5-B74C-C5FE18148473.jpg (136kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
RoyB  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 1:43:02 AM(UTC)
RoyB

This is the latest version of my S/PDIF jitter filter udsing the SPDIF transceiver board.

IMG_4620.jpg (224kb) downloaded 4 time(s). IMG_4622.jpg (246kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

IMHO SPDIF into a DAC is superior to any USB input that I have heard in my system. I recently purchased a new DAC with great clarity and naturalness. I currently am using 5 transceiver boards in 3 sepeperate enclosure. Each board is battery powered by 5 NiMh battery packs. This was a big. upgrade using batteries.

I also discovered a new 12G video cable with BNCs at a great price; ~ $25. This provided greater clarity than many of my collection of audiophile BNC cables. I then decided to try the 12G video cable to replace my panel mount BNCs and 75 ohm mini coax. Bingo even greater clarity. I then modified the input/output of each jitter box with "canabilized" 12G cable. My most recent jitter box features two transceiver boards in a plastic enclosure.

Thanks Twisted Pear!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed