Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jo1964  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 9:13:34 AM(UTC)
Jo1964

Groups: Member

Hi all.

I have a single ended Joshua Tree attenuator (one relay PCB for L and R, one Relay Driver board with its transformer an one Volumite controller) and I'd like to have it balanced.

To do this I think I have to buy another relay PCB kit (one PCB and the relays, resistors, terminals, etc. to populate it), build it, solder the jumper J1 in its place in both relay boards (old and new) and connect both to the existing Relay Driver PCB (the 10-conductor flat cable to one of the relay boards and from this to the other, usually stacked below the first). The existing Volumite is connected as usual to the Relay Driver board, with the same firmware chip as before, when the attenuator was single-ended.

Am I correct? Is there anything more to be done? Can I re-use the existing Volumite controller, Relay Driver Board and transformer?

Is the firmware the same for single-ended and for balanced operation or a balanced Joshua Tree needs a new pre-programmed PIC, specific for balanced use, installed in the old Volumite board?

Thanks in advance for your help
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 9:27:38 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
You are correct. Just adding the second relay board will do it. The basic operation is identical.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed