Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
msaywitz  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 9:52:19 PM(UTC)
msaywitz

Groups: Member

I am purchasing the parts in the Sympatico BOM in anticipation of being able to purchase the Sympatico boards next week. Between Mouser and Digi-Key everything was in stock except for CF1, which is a Panasonic capacitor with Mfg. part number ECQ-U2A104BC1 and Digi-Key item number of P10524-ND. Digi-Key and Mouser list this part as obsolete. I believe that the replacement part, which seems to have identical specs, is Mfg. part number ECQ-U2A104ML and Digi-Key item number P10730-ND. Please let me know if this is not correct. Also, I purchased ECQ-U2A104KL by mistake, which is has the same specs except that it has 10% tolerance instead of the 20% tolerance of the originally specified "BC" cap and what I believe is the replacement, the "ML" cap. I assume that using a tighter tolerance cap is fine, but please let me know if I am wrong.
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:38:02 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
That part is the correct replacement. I did not notice the obsolecense because I have a bunch of the originals on hand. I will get the BOM updated.

Oh, tighter tolerance is always okay with caps.
Russ White  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 4:13:55 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Do you have the answers you need now?
msaywitz  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 6:11:55 PM(UTC)
msaywitz

Groups: Member

Russ,

Thank you for replying to my PM. I apologize for not being more specific about the question I had. The answer Brian gave me on this post was fine. The question I was referring to in my recent PM was a different question which I put in a separate post entitled "Contradictory Value Specification in Parts List for C3 & C4" I am repeating it below. Thank you in advance for your help.

There seems to be a mistake on the Parts List. The description for C3 and C4 is a .22uf capacitor. This is also the value shown on the schematic. However, in the parts list, the capacitor specified is Panasonic ECW-U1154KC9 and Digi-Key part # PCF1236CT-ND, which is a .15uf capacitor, 100V, and 10% tolerance. In addition, it is an SMD part. The pictures on the website show an SMD part, however this is for version 1.0. The current version is 1.2, and on this board C3 and C4 are through-hole parts. Mouser has WIMA Polypropylene Film capacitors, FPK-2 series (through-hole with 5mm spacing), at .22uF, 100V, at tolerances of 10%, 5%, and 2.5% and .15uF, 100V at tolerances of 5% and 2.5%. Please let me know what the correct value is, and whether or not the WIMA capacitors I have listed here are good choices.

In addition, R24 and D1 are missing from the parts list. The schematic lists the value for R24 at 10k. These two parts also appears to have been added to version 1.2.
Brian Donegan  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:05:42 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Sorry about that. I just updated the BOM with the parts I ship in the kits.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed