Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
glt  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 10:42:36 AM(UTC)
glt

Groups: Member

In my search for active crossovers, I've figured that I could probably use two I/V stages after Buff II

My plan is to use one of the two I/V stages as a low pass at 1KHz and adjustable gain and the other normally as I would use a high pass capacitor at the output of the amp to protect the tweeter. I would be using the balanced output on both.

What would be best to use: two Ivy III in parallel or two Legato in parallel (after Buff II). (This also requires some help in adjusting the filter to 1KHz and adjusting the gain)

Thanks.
Russ White  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 3:57:53 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
This is an interesting question.

Neither the IVY-III or the Legato will work well in parallel if at all. This is because the input impedance of each is next to nil.

But hope is not lost. You could easily just run 2 DACs in mono mode. Then you have two Legatos or IVYs at the outputs of each. I know that is a lot more expensive, but it would work quite well.
glt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:48:48 AM(UTC)
glt

Groups: Member

Sounds expensive and complicated. The use of a full range driver like MarkAudio Alpair12 in an easy to build cabinet such as Pensil 12 is starting to look more appealing. I'll wait for your "high power Legato" :-)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed