Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brian Donegan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2023 4:42:50 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Hi all.

I have been running Twisted Pear Audio for upwards of 18 years now, and it feels like a child (actually, it's roughly the same age as my kids). As with children, it has reached a point where I feel it is time to let go. As such, I will be winding down operation of Twisted Pear Audio in the coming weeks and months.

To be honest, this has already been happening for a while now. Back in in 2021, Russ decided to drop out for personal and professional reasons, and I have been carrying things along since then by myself. I find I have less and less resources to dedicate to it (time really), and think I have reached a point where my priorities lie elsewhere.

I (we) started Twisted Pear out of a shared love of electronics, tinkering, and most of all, helping others with their interests. The web site started as a better way to manage Group Buys, but over time turned into it's own thing, and dragged us a long into a small business. While it was always just the two of use running things, it was really our customers that kept us going, and brought us the joy required to wrap our lives around the whole thing. I have built many friendships with you folks over the years. I have seen many of you come and go. It was, at times, all-consuming, and an emotional roller coaster, and mostly great fun. My personal drive has always been (and is) to help other people find enjoyment, and Twisted Pear has certainly helped me scratch that itch.

I want to express my thanks to everyone in the community who has participated in our little adventure over the years. My memories are rich and fulfilling. Thanks to you all.

Anyway, over the coming weeks and months I will be finding ways to dispense with a good sized inventory of electronic components. I am thinking of either giving things away, or trading for contributions to charity (someone donates to charity and I send them a box of stuff). Not really sure at this point, and I am open to ideas. I am not sure how many people will be interested in a 4000 piece spool of 59.4-ohm resistors, for example, so, what do I do with them? Other things are much more straight forward. In addition to parts for kits, I have a large personal inventory that could use some thinning out. How many power transformers am I going to need for personal projects? I have lots.

Keep and eye out for more updates, and please stay in touch.

All the best-

Brian
thanks 3 users thanked Brian Donegan for this useful post.
renanj on 2/16/2023(UTC), Nevlad on 6/13/2023(UTC), pagan on 7/26/2023(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed