Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawnra  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 5:12:51 PM(UTC)
shawnra

Groups: Member
Canada

I built my Joshua Tree and Volumite boards and it went together very well. I have built many kits and this one was nice to put together. Trouble is I'm not getting any relay switching. I've checked all my voltages on the Volumite and relay driver and they are good. I've got 3.28 volts at pin 8 on IC1 on Volumite. All my solder connections look great and I have it wired correctly to the relay driver board. I have two relay boards and get no relay action with either. I've checked pin for pin connectivity of the ribbon cable to solder connections on ribbon from board to board and it is good. The pot wiper reads good on the Volumite.

Right now I'm just looking for some relay action, I'll hook up inputs and outputs later to the signal once it's working.

Any suggestions

Here's some pics
IMG_0177.JPG (84kb) downloaded 13 time(s). IMG_0179.JPG (98kb) downloaded 10 time(s). IMG_0181.JPG (98kb) downloaded 15 time(s). IMG_0180.JPG (97kb) downloaded 16 time(s). IMG_0182.JPG (103kb) downloaded 16 time(s). IMG_0178.JPG (136kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
shawnra  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 7:35:37 PM(UTC)
shawnra

Groups: Member
Canada

well I figured this out myself

all three switches on the relay driver were set to on...
that is how the kit came and it had tape over the top so I just assumed I shouldn't touch anything.

I peeled the tape off and set the switches off and boom the whole thing seems to work great now.

I don't know if my build manual was lost in shipping and I can't locate one on the Twisted Pear website but these kind of small details could save future builders a bit of strife.

Anyways... on to continuing the build
Rss Feed  Atom Feed