Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
ivigueras  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:47:05 PM(UTC)
ivigueras

Groups: Member
Spain

Hello,

Last december, 9th I bought a 4:1 Mux/Receiver for my Buffalo II and I'm now installing it, but I can't made it to work properly. I've made many test and finally I can't understand where is the problem.

Until now I was using the BII with an Amanero USB via i2s without problem but when I connecto the Mux/Receiver to the BII it dont lock in any case, spdif or i2s. Also, mute led is always light on in BII.

First, I built all the connections with the 4-Input Selection Switch Kit but now, for test I'm only testing input number 1 using a jumper connecting GND, bit 0 and bit 1 in the selector board. I think that it's correct. SPDIF switch is off.
I've measured 5,25v in the power input (just the PSU nominal power) and 3,29v at the VD pin in the selector board. Then, it looks right.

Also, the spdif source works correctly because when I connect it directly to the spdif input in BII and turn on the spdif switch, the BII locks and music sound.

Pictures shows the connections and the board populated with the transformers if it is helpful. I think that all is correctly connected.

I've observed that the in the spdif-mux-bom document, transformers are Newava S22083, but I've received the Murata DA101C. I've looked both data sheets and polarity is not the same, but the Murata polarity looks right with the mux/receiver schematic and the path in the board.

I don't know what else can I look. Probably it will be the typical stupid thing that I have under my nose and I don't see. If you have any thoughts, it will be wellcome.

Thank you!,
Ignacio

[img=https://goo.gl/photos/Pa7fREAwiwySk9Ga7]image1[/img]
[img=https://goo.gl/photos/JH11A3Xa24ZMaUNv9]image2[/img]
[img=https://goo.gl/photos/GeRDzEfH9Qg9C6Tj7]image3[/img]
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:22:32 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Try setting the DIP switches.

1: -
2: -
3: -
4: +
ivigueras  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:51:50 PM(UTC)
ivigueras

Spain

Hi Brian!

It don't work with these DIP switches. Do you see some wrong in the board pictures?. Does transformers polarity correctly placed?

It's difficult for me believe that the board could be bad.

(I've just discover that there are a section for the 4:1 Mux/Receiver in the Digital section. I thought that it was in Control section. Feel free to move this thread there).

Edited by user Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:55:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Donegan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:31:05 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

The only thing that I noticed in the picture was that none of the DIP switches were set.

Try with:

1: -
2: +
3: +
4: -
ivigueras  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 7:02:35 PM(UTC)
ivigueras

Spain

That doesn't work either.

I've just try with another dedicated 9v psu but it's the same. I thoght it if the problem could be sufficient current in the original cpu.

Brian, when the switch 4 is + the lock led in the mux/receiver is always light off, and when the switch is - the led is always light on. This happens independent if there are spdif connection in the input. Is this correct?
Brian Donegan  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2017 2:19:06 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Is the S/PDIF source connected and not playing, or not connected at all?
ivigueras  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:39:43 PM(UTC)
ivigueras

Spain

When the switch 4 is - the led is always light on. With the spdif source connected or not connected.

I've just read the Akras thread and it looks exactly the same problem. I'm thinking to return back the board for test.

Ignacio.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed