Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
dan631  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 6:49:36 PM(UTC)
dan631

Groups: Member

Can the buffalo32 be powered directly from batteries (of an appropriate voltage)? If so, would there be any advantage to using the LCBPS/LCDPS after the battery?
Eddie  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:10:30 AM(UTC)
Eddie

dan631 wrote:
Can the buffalo32 be powered directly from batteries ...

Hello Dan,

Of course, but with the integrated IVY it will be more complex. My Buffalo is directly coupled to my amplifier that is fed from a big 12-V battery. This battery is now connected to the + and - of the rectifier diodes, so the powers supply board regulates the voltages to 6.0 and 6.6 V. Works fine, the advatages are no disturbing influences from the mains line, no ground loops.

Whether or not it will influence the sound quality will depend on your particular system. Some people claim a big difference, some do not hear any change. My view is that if you really go for high-end, for all components in your system, then you will like the batteries.

Kind regards,
Eddie
dan631  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 9:09:52 PM(UTC)
dan631

Thanks for the reply, Eddie. What I'm really trying to find out about is connecting batteries directly to the Buffalo32 board and have the regulators take it from there versus connecting batteries to a seperate power supply before the Buffalo.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed