Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
xvsop  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:47:10 AM(UTC)
xvsop

Groups: Member

Hi guys!
In these Buffalo days, I have just finished my dual mono Opus with SPDIF, Metronome, and dual IVY's and balanced out. As you know, it sounds great! Honestly, it does! I am a bit proud cause it played perfect right away.Whistle Look at me, I'm happy!
Angel Angel Angel
I am quite sure that it is OK but the LCDPS heat sinks and power resistors are getting quite hot, somewhere in the range of 100 to 120 degrees (F). One side of the PS is driving DV on both opus' and metronome and spdif module. The other side of the PS is driving the AV on both opus. Both are adjusted to 7,5 vdc.
The LCBPS is running the two IVY's at +- 15vdc and is runs quite cool. Is this about the same experience you have yourselves?
Russ White  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:51:33 AM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Hello,

Congratulations! :) I agree, it is a great sounding DAC. Enjoy it!

The temp you are describing is perfectly normal for the load the VREG is handling. Rest easy.

Cheers!
Russ
xvsop  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:02:47 PM(UTC)
xvsop

Thanxalot Russ
I will both rest easy and enjoyDrool My girlfriend too was really impressed! (We really like that, don't we? )

Cheers!

Oivind
xvsop  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:12:17 AM(UTC)
xvsop

Hi
New question: I want to use the LCDPS for running the squeezebox receiver, given a 2x9 vac trannie, output voltage 9 vdc, would "one side" of the PS deliver the min required 550 mA? How much current would it be able to deliver safely (without limitation in the ac current) with these voltage settings?
pelliott123  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:59:28 AM(UTC)
pelliott123

xvsop
Spend some time over at the slimdevices forum. There is much discussion on SBR mods or actually not mods. If you are using the SPDIF out and I am sure you re if you have a buffalo then there is not much worth while to do. The switching PS is actually on the PCB so replacing the wallwart does not do much. The PCB is three layers and it hard to do much there either. They talk about removing the ferrite bead on the SPDIF out which I plan to do soon. I am thinking about replacing the phono jack with a true 75ohm BNC. There is much discussion about using a true 75ohm cable of atleast 5ft long to cut back reflections.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed