Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
stewart  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:26:34 PM(UTC)
stewart

Groups: Member

Forgive my limited knowledge on the I2S interface but I'm trying to figure out if I can hardwire my Juli@ soundcard to output I2S into the buffalo. I'm looking at the Buffalo manual and assuming this is the pin output (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/i2s-connector-standard-pinout-rj-45-a-392897/) from the Juli@ I'm not sure how I should be wiring those into a 4 pin I2S input. I know the Juli@ accepts an external clock so ideally I would be using the Buffalo as the master clock. I assume the grounds would just get tied together to go into a single ground line, but then I'm not sure how the L/R world clock from the Juli@ fits in with the master clock. Is this even possible without a metronome? Thanks for the help.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 24, 2008 6:40:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russ White  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:36:19 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Just wire the bit clock, word clock, and data lines to Buffalo. Do not wire master clock. Let the sound card be the master. It will not matter to the buffalo. It is completely asynchronous.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:38:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed