Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
twluke  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:17:50 AM(UTC)
twluke

Groups: Member
Japan

Hi there,

I'm new to here but am looking for good suggestions or comments.

I recently built a set of BIII and IVY-III with an S/PDIF-4 board and a Sidecar for input of both S/PDIF and SDIF-raw signals. I admit that my soldering skill is not good but building BIII and IVY-III, I suppose, went well so far and I can enjoy receiving both of 192k/24bit S/PDIF signal from the board and 128fs (5.6MHz) SDIF-raw signal from an ADC via Sidecar, respectively, that were well locked (lowest and low in DPLL settings, respectively; quite stable on hearing).

However, I have two problems:

The first one is, among 4 inputs prepared for 3 S/PDIFs (first to third inputs) and one AES/EBU (fourth input), I get audio signal only from the first S/PDIF input and none from the rest. Also, what is queer is that turning the knob of the S/PDIF input selector to the third input (with the actual S/PDIF input set to the first one) sends the same audio signal provided to the first input despite the actual input connection to the third did not work.

The second one is that I fail to get the S/PDIF signal from the board when the Sidecar is in between despite I provided a bipolar single throw switch for selection between S/PDIF and DSD as indicated.

As instructed, I placed J1 to J12 jumpers for stereo use and S/PDIF auto-detect was disabled on DIP setting.

BTW, I'm not ready for the use of Placid HD and HD BP PSUs and am using a different set of 5V and +15/-15V PSUs for now. Can this be any cause of my troubles?

Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tsuneya in Tokyo
twluke  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:37:25 PM(UTC)
twluke

Groups: Member
Japan

Well, the problem has been solved.

The culprit was due to my incomplete through-hole soldering of the rotary switching module pins and those header pins on the Sidecar and S/PDIF-4 boards. After correction, everything is now working fine, including the switching between S/PDIF and DSD.

Quite sorry for taking your time to waste on such a trivia.

Tsuneya
Rss Feed  Atom Feed