Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shaman  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:23:15 AM(UTC)
Shaman

Groups: Member

Hey guys,

You've informed us that there is a new MUX/OTTO board coming out for source selection.
Is it safe to assume that, once released, this board will have the standard Twisted Pear PCB dimensions?
I'm about to order a new case and I'd like to plan ahead. ;)

Edited by user Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:23:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shaman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:13:53 PM(UTC)
Shaman

Bump!

I see Darwin is under redesign as well.. Are you guys thinking of combining these products into one?
It probably won't fit in the standard footprint but it might be better that way.
Any details would be appreciated. :)
NicMac  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 3:34:06 PM(UTC)
NicMac

I would like 1-2 OTTO boards or kits for power switching. Any chance?
And a pile or MRB1 when they become available! A PCB foot-print appetizer would be very useful!
Cheers,
Nic
headrott  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2011 2:46:56 PM(UTC)
headrott

I asked this in the general questions section too, but have not recieved a reply. The sidecar says it is for use with the Buffalo III only. I would like to get a sidecar equivalent board (old OTTO-like) but for use with the Buffalo II. Is this/will this be possible? Thanks.

Greg
headrott  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 11:40:15 PM(UTC)
headrott

headrott wrote:
I asked this in the general questions section too, but have not recieved a reply. The sidecar says it is for use with the Buffalo III only. I would like to get a sidecar equivalent board (old OTTO-like) but for use with the Buffalo II. Is this/will this be possible? Thanks.

Greg

Is this a stupid question? Or, has it been answered and I am too dense to see the answer? Or, is it necessary to get a Buffalo III and the sidecar and that's it? Thanks.

Greg
Russ White  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:30:10 AM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
You could just use one or two relays... There is no board required. We may do a new version of OTTO, but honestly you don't need one.
orpheus  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 9:14:48 AM(UTC)
orpheus

An Otto i2s switch for the Buffalo II is needed for a lot of setups. I have a MUX that output i2s, a SACD player with the DSD output lines tapped, and hope to get your USB to i2s converter when it is available (or perhaps another sooner). That is three i2s sources that need to be switched. I doubt that I am alone in having this problem. I had thought about running the Buffalo i2s input to a RJ45 connector and then connect everything externally, but this is a messy and potentially problematic solution. As it is, if I want to switch between S/PDIF and i2s I have to open the case and use the switch on the DAC itself.

I realize a Buffalo III would probably be a better solution, but those are hard to come by, and a lot of us already have excellent sounding Buffalo II's. Is there any plan for i2s switching that we could use in the AC2?

Perhaps I should just order the parts for the Otto and then install it point to point on a board? Is there an Otto type switch design that can handle more than two i2s inputs?

Thank you for your time and help.

Aaron.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed