Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
RDK845  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:47:44 AM(UTC)
RDK845

Groups: Member

My buffalo II + Legato 3 is working great with BAL/SE and Buffer. Thanks for making such great products.

The gain is a little low for my amp in such that I have little headroom. Russ mentioned that it is better to adjust the gain in BAL/SE stage rather than in I/V stage. So here go some questions.

1. what do I change to increase gain in BAL/SE stage?
2. How much would be the max V RMS, can I achieve in SE output without taxing sound quality? Idealy I would like something near 2.4V RMS.
3. I would like to upgrade parts in BAL/SE stage to gain even more improved sound quality. Besides OP amps and buffer chip itslef, what would be the most critical parts in BAL/SE buffer stage for the sound quality? ( plan to use decrete op amp variety and leave buffer itself alone..)
4. Also is the gain of SE stage matched with BAL in stock? Are they both 1.6V rms?
5. For the case of the dual mono buffalo II + SINGLE legato 3, what would be the best configuration for SE output. I know Russ mentioned in a DIY audio forum that parallering the 2 buffalo outputs is the best for balanced o case, but I wonder what it would be for SE case. If I understand correctly, the parallering still doubles the current input to legato, w.r.t. stereo case, so should I use lower IV resistors from 150 ohm and correspondingly the CCS resistors, AND change parts in BAL/SE to get the gain I want?

Thanks!

-John

Edited by user Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:52:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RDK845  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:07:19 AM(UTC)
RDK845

Any one?
RDK845  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:14:40 PM(UTC)
RDK845

I found my answers from Ventus manual for the first 1-3 and 5...
Russ White  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:17:11 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
4) In the stock configuration yes they are the same.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed